Monday, December 3, 2012

Toiling in the sand

With November already two days interred, I have thrown in the towel on another massively fun season in Moab. As usual, I spent the bulk of my time toiling away on first ascents - one of which (Real Talk) I actually finished up. For those interested, refer to the previous post on this blog for spray on that route. Completing long term projects leaves one with the option of finding a new project. This is a very exciting time for a first ascensionist, and there involves a process similar to a man looking for a mate. In the case of the new project I found, I could very well be getting into a long-term relationship. I've tried the route a few times now, and I'm so hopelessly far away from sending it that I'll reserve further spray for when I can at least 3-hang the beast. With snow beginning to fall on the state of Utah, I am reminded that I should have plenty of time to pull on plastic gym holds this winter and transform myself into an  ATOMIC CRACK CLIMBING ROBOT!

Steep, and Green... Camalots, that is. Photo: Corbin Usinger
Photo: Corbin Usinger
Overhanging sand
Ryan Matson walks a 150' Highline











3 comments:

  1. very nice blog, great appreciated
    Peak climbing in Nepal at island peak climbing Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those places look amazing! I have never been rock climbing like that before, only to the places with the plastic rock and such. Either way, I enjoy it a lot. I am wanting to do some rock climbing for a party I am having this spring. I think that there is a place around here that would be able to help me out. http://adventuresinclimbing.com/AdventureProducts.html

    ReplyDelete