Monday, December 3, 2012

Toiling in the sand

With November already two days interred, I have thrown in the towel on another massively fun season in Moab. As usual, I spent the bulk of my time toiling away on first ascents - one of which (Real Talk) I actually finished up. For those interested, refer to the previous post on this blog for spray on that route. Completing long term projects leaves one with the option of finding a new project. This is a very exciting time for a first ascensionist, and there involves a process similar to a man looking for a mate. In the case of the new project I found, I could very well be getting into a long-term relationship. I've tried the route a few times now, and I'm so hopelessly far away from sending it that I'll reserve further spray for when I can at least 3-hang the beast. With snow beginning to fall on the state of Utah, I am reminded that I should have plenty of time to pull on plastic gym holds this winter and transform myself into an  ATOMIC CRACK CLIMBING ROBOT!

Steep, and Green... Camalots, that is. Photo: Corbin Usinger
Photo: Corbin Usinger
Overhanging sand
Ryan Matson walks a 150' Highline











3 comments:

  1. Trekking in Nepal and tours operative takes you that further way to guarantee you has an unforgettable adventure that you have been dream of. Benefit, of course there is the Acute Trek Pvt. Ltd. part of choice. We have your choose of Treks Himalaya for 3 days or 30 or more days it depending of your timetable, sleep under lodges or tent. We offer you with the best progressive Nepal Holiday information and itinerary leading focused and modified as per your requirements of Nepal Trekking. It is significant to memorize, though, it necessitate an enough level of physical homework for Nepal tour and must remembers that there is also a psychosomatic assurance in walking in mountains. Trekking in Himalaya is an attempt to encourage Nepal to the exterior world while striving to defend an aged tradition as well as conserve the surroundings for generation to come for Hiking in Nepal. Annapurna Trekking Everest Trekking Langtang Trekking Holiday Hiking in Nepal Holiday Hiking Hiking Holiday Peak Climbing in Nepal Helicopter Tour in Nepal Everest Base Camp Trek Annapurna Base Camp Trek Upper Mustang Trekking

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice blog, great appreciated
    Peak climbing in Nepal at island peak climbing Nepal

    ReplyDelete